Enrollment Process - New Students
New Student Registration Requirements
To start the process of registering your child/children in District 28, please check the district boundary map
to confirm your residence is located within District 28's boundaries.
Once you've confirmed your residency in our District, please come to the school(s) your child(ren) will be attending, with the appropriate registration paperwork as outlined below. Please feel free to call any of our schools with questions. (During the summer, please register at Northbrook Junior High School, 1475 Maple Avenue.)
Greenbriar School, 1225 Greenbriar Lane (847-498-7950)
Meadowbrook School, 1600 Walters Avenue (847-498-7940)
Northbrook Junior High School, 1475 Maple Avenue (847-498-7920)
Westmoor School, 2500 Cherry Lane (847-498-7960)
This paperwork should include your child’s original birth certificate as well as the required proof of residency. Once this information has been entered into our student management system, a unique code to log into the InfoSnap webpage will be mailed to your home. You'll continue the enrollment process using our online system.
Should you have any questions, please contact your child(ren)'s school(s) or the District office at 847-498-7900.
After you have established residency and received a 'Snap Code' from the school, you may complete the online registration process.
Establishing Student Residency
Parent(s) guardians(s) must provide proof of residency at: kindergarten registration and when entering as a new student. The following information must be provided prior to the first day of the student's attendance. The required documents are as follows:
- An original certified or registered birth certificate, with raised seal and complete birth number, for the student
- Other reliable proof, as determined by the Illinois Department of State Policy, of the student's identity and age, and an affidavit explaining the inability to produce a copy of the birth certificate.
CATEGORY A (ONE document required)
- Most recent property tax bill and proof of payment, e.g. canceled check (homeowners)
- For recent move-ins, the Settlement Statement from closing documents on the sale of the home.
- Original signed and dated lease and proof of last month's payment, e.g. canceled check or receipts (renters)
- In lieu of lease, notarized letter from landlord and proof of last month's payment
- Housing letter (military personnel)
- Letter of residence to be used when the person seeking to enroll a student is living with a District resident
- Most recent mortgage statement
CATEGORY B (TWO documents showing proper address required)
- Driver's license
- Current vehicle registration
- Voter registration
- Most recent cable television bill
- Most recent credit card bill
- Current public aid card
- Current homeowners/rental insurance policy and premium payment receipt
- Most recent gas, electric, water bill and/or phone bill