New Student Registration

Enrollment Process

New Student Registration While Schools Are Closed Due to COVID-19  

To start the process of registering your child/children in District 28, please check the district boundary map to confirm your residence is located within District 28's boundaries.

Once you've confirmed your residency in our District, please contact the administrative assistant for the school(s) your child(ren) will be attending. Please compile the appropriate registration paperwork as outlined below. If you call the school, your voice mail will be received and responded to. 

Our schools

Greenbriar School, 2195 Cherry Lane (847-498-7950)
Principal: Dr. Ginny Hiltz   |   Administrative Assistant: Diane Gillis

Meadowbrook School, 1600 Walters Avenue (847-498-7940)
Principal: Pat Thome        |   Administrative Assistant: Anne Danstrom

Northbrook Junior High School, 1475 Maple Avenue (847-498-7920)
Principal: Dr. Scott Meek   |    Administrative Assistant:Sharon Gail

Westmoor School, 2500 Cherry Lane (847-498-7960)
Principal: Mary Sturgill      |    Administrative Assistant: Tracy Ferraro

Paperwork for registration should include your child’s original birth certificate as well as the required proof of residency as listed below.

After you have established residency and received a 'Snap Code' from the school, you may complete the online registration process.

Establishing Student Residency

Parent(s) guardians(s) must provide proof of residency at: kindergarten registration and when entering as a new student.  The following information must be provided prior to the first day of the student's attendance.  The required documents are as follows:

  • An original certified or registered birth certificate, with raised seal and complete birth number, for the student
  • Other reliable proof, as determined by the Illinois Department of State Policy, of the student's identity and age, and an affidavit explaining the inability to produce a copy of the birth certificate.

CATEGORY A (ONE document required)

  • Most recent property tax bill and proof of payment, e.g. canceled check (homeowners)
  • For recent move-ins, the Settlement Statement from closing documents on the sale of the home.
  • Original signed and dated lease and proof of last month's payment, e.g. canceled check or receipts (renters)
  • In lieu of lease, notarized letter from landlord and proof of last month's payment
  • Housing letter (military personnel)
  • Letter of residence to be used when the person seeking to enroll a student is living with a District resident
  • Most recent mortgage statement


CATEGORY B (TWO documents showing proper address required)

  • Driver's license or State ID
  • Current vehicle registration
  • Voter registration
  • Most recent cable television bill
  • Most recent credit card bill
  • Current public aid card
  • Current homeowners/rental insurance policy and premium payment receipt
  • Most recent gas, electric, water bill and/or phone bill